Agreement between the user ("You") and Banjara Camps & Retreats Pvt Ltd ("Banjara Camps & Retreats", "Us", “We”). Banjara Camps & Retreats, www.banjaraexperiences.com are trading names of Banjara Camps & Retreats Pvt Ltd with registered office at A26, Nangal Devat, Behind Spinal Injuries Hospital, Vasant Kunj, New Delhi- 110070. Please read these terms and conditions of use ("Terms and Conditions") before using the banjaraexperiences.com ("Site").
We are a Company registered in India. Our business and the services we offer are governed by the applicable laws of India. No warranties and/or representations of any kind, express or implied, are given as to the compliance of the information shown on this Site, the services offered by or on behalf of us, any information relating to such services and our business in any respect with any laws of any other country which do not, in any event, affect or apply to the same.
- Site User Obligations
- You agree to be bound by the following obligations, including without limitation:
- You accept financial responsibility for all transactions made under your name or account
- You must be 18 years of age or over and have legal capacity.
- You warrant that all information you provide about yourself or anyone else shall be true and accurate.
- The Site must not be used for speculative, false or fraudulent bookings by the user.
- The transmission of threatening, defamatory, pornographic, political, racist material, or any material that is otherwise unlawful and hurtful is expressly prohibited.
- The Site and any content may not be modified, copied, transmitted, distributed, sold, displayed, licensed or reproduced in any way by you, except that one copy of the information contained within the Site may be made for personal, non-commercial use.
- For users who are residing in India, the applicable booking and purchase conditions are those which appear on the relevant product pages and you must read these before confirming your booking or purchase. All bookings and purchases are also subject to the general information appearing in our current On-line brochure and product descriptions. We recommend you print a copy of our applicable booking conditions and this additional information together with all other relevant details relating to your chosen holiday or travel arrangements prior to making a booking with us.
- Booking and purchase conditions contain limitations and exclusions of liability to any person(s) who books and/or takes any of the holidays and/or travel arrangements advertised on this Site. Cancellation and amendment charges are applicable as per our cancellation policy.
Booking, Payment and Cancellation Policy Confirmation: 100% advance payment to confirm booking.
- Cancellation Charge:
- Minimum: 20% of full amount.
- Less than two weeks of arrival date (check-in): 50% of the full amount.
- Less than one week of arrival date (check-in): Full amount.
- PLEASE NOTE: In case the booked camp / retreat is inaccessible due to natural calamities like floods, landslide or similar, we will try to put you up at another Banjara Experiences property; subject to your convenience & our availability. Else, we will issue a transferable voucher for the FULL amount, which will be valid for a year from the scheduled check-in date.
- Payment Modes and Methods:
- ONLINE TRANSFER into our current accounts in Axis Bank, HDFC Bank or Standard Chartered Bank
- DIRECT CHEQUE DEPOSIT into our current accounts in Axis Bank, HDFC Bank or Standard Chartered Bank at any branch/ ATM in India
- DIRECT CASH DEPOSIT, into our current account at any branch in India
- By CASH or CHEQUE handed over personally (or by your rep) AT OUR DELHI OFFICE
- OUTSTATION CHEQUE payments are acceptable only if they are delivered (or we get a scan of the bank deposit slip) at least 4 working days before the payment due date.
- OUTSTATION PAYMENTS by a Payable at Delhi DD sent to our Delhi Office by courier/post.
- IMP: CHEQUE / DD to be made in favour of “Banjara Camps & Retreats Pvt. Ltd.”
- Access to this Site is conditional on your agreement that all information contained in it and all matters which arise between you and us will be governed by Indian law. Access is further conditional on your agreement that any dispute or matter which arises between you and us will be dealt with exclusively by the Courts of New Delhi. Banjara Camps & Retreats Pvt Ltd reserves the right to deny access to the Site at any time without notice.
- No warranties, promises and/or representations of any kind, express or implied, are given as to the accuracy of any of the information contained on this Site or as to the nature, standard, suitability or otherwise of any services offered by us or on our behalf. We shall not be liable for any loss or damage of whatever nature (direct, indirect, consequential or other) which may arise as a result, directly or indirectly, from the use of any of the information or material contained in this Site and/or use of or access to any other information or material via web links from this site or any inability to access or use this Site. These exclusions of liability apply only to the extent permitted by law and, except for information or material accessed via Sites or supplied by an identified Third Party, where consistent with our applicable booking conditions. If any of these exclusions, in whole or part, is found to be unlawful, void or for any other reason unenforceable, that exclusion or part of the exclusion shall be deemed severable and shall not affect the validity or enforceability of the other exclusion(s) or part(s) of the exclusion(s) in question.
- Banjara Camps & Retreats Pvt Ltd holds the right to change any aspect of the Site or its content, including the availability of any suppliers, features, information, database or content.
- Without prejudice to the foregoing provisions, we are entitled to the benefit of any applicable exclusions and/or limitations of liability permitted by the laws of any country found to be applicable to the information shown on this Site and/or any services offered by us or on our behalf.
- The information and/or prices shown on this Site are updated from time to time and therefore may have changed by the time you come to book your holiday or travel arrangements. Whilst every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of all such information and prices, regrettably errors do occasionally occur. You must therefore ensure you check all details of your chosen holiday or travel arrangements (including the price) at the time of booking.
- The prices and discounts shown on this site are applicable to banjaraexperiences.com and may vary from those at our retail shops and direct business channels.
- The carriage of passengers and their baggage is subject to provisions of the Warsaw convention (as amended if applicable) national legislation and the carrier's conditions of carriage.
- The copyright in the material contained on this site belongs to its Licensors or us. The material may only be used for your own personal use for non-commercial purposes.
- Please note that airlines have their own rules and regulations with regard to e-ticketing. We cannot be held responsible for non-compliance with these regulations and strongly recommend that you check these details with your airline in advance of travel.
- Online bookings
- Banjara Camps & Retreats Pvt Ltd has made this facility available to you as a value-added service. Using this service, you can make your online booking/booking request for booking various services offered by Banjara Camps & Retreats Pvt Ltd. Your booking request will be processed for confirmation of prices and availability of services requested by you. Only on confirmation to you about the prices and availability, Banjara Camps & Retreats Pvt Ltd will be bound to provide you the requested services subject however to you making full payment and complying with the relevant terms and conditions. Any correspondence with you prior to Banjara Camps & Retreats Pvt Ltd aforesaid confirmation, will not be treated as any acceptance of your request.
- The online booking of the products and services made available through this website is subject to availability and solely at the discretion of Banjara Camps & Retreats Pvt Ltd and/or its respective suppliers. Please ensure that all information given by you while booking is correct. For security reasons and to be able to advise you of any developments affecting your travel we need to be able to contact you by telephone and email and to have your correct address on record. If any or all of these contact details are not correctly given by you, we reserve the right to cancel the transaction at your risk and cost.
- For online hotel booking, you undertake to share a scanned copy of your passport and a signed copy of the foreign exchange application (available in the hotel confirmation email) to enable confirmation of the hotel booking in line with RBI Regulations. The right to access and transact on the web site is reserved as is the right to use any particular credit card on the site for payment purposes.
- For online booking of holidays, Rate of Exchange at the time of making payment would apply. Rates are subject to availability of hotels and land services. Surcharges may be applicable during holidays, festivals and special events. Terms and Conditions apply.
- The Site is provided on an 'as is' and 'as available' basis. We do not accept any liability in respect of your ability to access or use the site at any time or for any interruption in that access or use or for any failure to complete any transaction. We do not warrant that the Site is free from computer viruses or other properties that may cause loss or damage.
- We reserve the copyright and all proprietary rights in the Site and all content. The material contained within the Site is the property of Banjara Camps & Retreats Pvt Ltd or its affiliates unless identified as belonging to third parties. The name Banjara Camps & Retreats Pvt Ltd and any other marks, logos and graphics displayed on the Site are registered trademarks of Banjara Camps & Retreats Pvt Ltd or its affiliates. Other company and product or service names displayed on the Site may be the trademarks of their respective owners. You are not granted any right or licence to use any trademarks.
Access to any information on this Web Site is conditional on your acceptance of the Terms and Conditions. All bookings and purchases are subject to availability and e-mail (or written) confirmation by the relevant principal. Booking conditions apply to individual travel arrangements and products and must be read in addition to these terms and conditions. Booking conditions can be found in the individual travel and product descriptions. Banjara Camps & Retreats Pvt Ltd reserves the right to change or update the Terms and Conditions from time to time without prior notice to Users. The current version of the Terms and Conditions will be displayed within the Site from the date on which any changes come into effect. Continued use of the Site following any changes to the Terms and Conditions shall constitute your acceptance of such changes.
Bookings & Cancellations
- Booking confirmation rules: You can either book with us by making the entire payment upfront or pay as per the below mentioned time slabs. Please note that we’d recommend that you do not miss these payment time slabs so we can confirm your commitment to the trip. We may accommodate other willing clients if the below mentioned payment deadlines are not met.
- Booking confirmation, 10% of the total quoted price.
- 90 days before departure: 50% of the total price.
- 89-60 days before departure: 100% of the total price.
- Refund Rules: In event of a cancellation, you can avail refund. The refund rules are as follows:
- 90 days or more prior to departure: 90% refund
- 89-60 days prior to departure: 50% refund
- Less than 60 days prior to departure: No refund
- Should the Client fail to join a trip, or join it after departure or leave it prior to its completion, no refund will be made. Any additional expenses incurred on account of such a client will have to be borne by that client, in addition to the trip price.
- The Company reserves the right to cancel any trip for any reason more than 45 days prior to the departure date. In this case the Client will be refunded any money they have paid to the Company and that will be the extent of the Company’s liability.
- The Company reserves the right to cancel any trip for reasons of Force Majeure less than 45 days prior to the departure date. In this case the Client will be refunded any money they have paid to the Company, less reasonable expenses the Company has incurred, and that will be the extent of the Company’s liability.
- Some of our trips require a minimum number of Clients in order for it to run. If this number is not reached, we reserve the right to cancel the trip. The Company will endeavour to cancel this trip more than 45 days prior to the departure date unless it is necessitated by the late cancellation of other passengers on the trip, in which case it will be cancelled less than 45 (forty five) days prior to the departure date. In each case, the Client will be refunded any money they have paid to the Company and that will be the extent of the Company’s liability.
- Should the Client fail to pay the balance of the trip price in the due time, the Company will cancel the booking and no money will be refunded.
- The Cancellation Fees detailed above are only in relation to the trip price and do not include any extra services booked like airport transfers and accommodation. These cancellation fees may be as high as 100% and the Client is still liable for their payment.
- The Company reserves the right to change their rates at any time prior to the contract being entered into. In the event that these rates are altered, the Client will be advised at the time of booking.
- The Company endeavours not to increase the cost of the trip once the contract has been entered into. However, the cost to run a trip is calculated up to 18 (eighteen) months in advance and increases in running the trip like, but not exclusively, transportation costs, accommodation costs and fluctuations in the exchange rates, may make an increase unavoidable.
- Should a surcharge be payable, the Company will immediately notify the Client of such.
- The Company will not add a surcharge to a trip less than 30 (Thirty) days prior to a trip’s departure.
- The Company will not impose a surcharge of more than 15% (fifteen percent) of the original Trip Price.
- Should a surcharge be payable, the Client must pay said surcharge prior to joining the trip.
- Different sales prices are calculated in various currencies in advance of printing the sales brochure. Due to fluctuations, prices in various currencies may vary as a result. The Company, and its representatives will not be held liable to refund based on these variances, and the Client will be responsible for settling all outstanding amounts owed in the currency based on their booking origin, or that of their agent.
- The documentation, for e.g. Brochures, Website, Trip Dossiers etc, provided by the Company is put out in good faith as statements of intent only and changes to the itinerary, vehicle and equipment use, etc. may be made where deemed necessary by the Company.
- Any additional expenses, incurred through deviations to the itineraries because of Force Majeure or reasons considered advisable by the Company will be for the Client’s account.
- The Client accepts that Force Majeure may preclude the Company from providing services or following the itinerary as detailed in the trip dossier/itinerary.
- The Company will not refund any money paid for unused services which are included in the trip price.
- The Company reserves the right to make changes to the trip any time prior to entering the contract. In the event of any aspect of the trip being altered, the Client will be advised at the time of booking.
- The Company endeavours not to make changes to the trip once the contract has been entered into. However, because of the unpredictability of travel in many of the areas visited, changes prior to a trip’s departure may be unavoidable. Where this alteration is significant (i.e. where a major deviation to the itinerary is made) the Company undertakes to inform the Client as soon as possible.
- Due to the nature of the areas that we travel through changes can occur after a trip’s departure, over which the Company has no control. The Company will make alternative arrangements such as, but not limited to, changing the mode of transport and/or the itinerary in the case of Force Majeure, acts of nature, natural calamity, breakdowns, accidents, sickness, etc. The Company cannot be held responsible for compensation or additional expenses incurred due to any such change and they will have to be borne by the Client.
- If the Client has a complaint about the trip, such complaint must immediately be raised with the guide or the Company’s office so that, if possible, a solution can be found.
- Failing resolution, the Client must make any complaint in writing within 28 days of the trip’s finish date.
- The Company will not be held liable for the loss of enjoyment due to unfulfilled expectations. Due to the nature of adventure group travel; each trip is unique and reliant on client interaction and participation.
- All information in documentation provided by the Company (e.g. Trip Dossiers/Itinerary, Brochure, Website, etc.) has been set out with reasonable care and is published in good faith. Where the Company is acting as an agent on the Client’s behalf (e.g. when booking facilities/services used before, during the course of or after the trip), it does so on the explicit condition that it cannot be held responsible for any loss, damage, injury, additional expenses or breaches of contract resulting directly or indirectly from the actions or omissions of the suppliers or independent parties with whom these arrangements have been made.
- The Company cannot be held responsible:
- If there has been no fault on the part of the Company or its suppliers and the cause was the Client’s fault or the fault of someone not associated with the trip whose actions were not foreseeable.
- If caused due to unforeseeable circumstances beyond the Company’s or its suppliers control, the results of which were unavoidable even though every caution was taken.
- If the cause is the fault of the Client having taken part in any activity or optional activity which does not form part of the original trip arrangements, even though they may be supervised, arranged or recommended by the Company or its representatives.
- Where a disease or illness is contracted during or after the trip. Should the Client need to leave the trip because of such, no refund whatsoever will be forthcoming and the Client will be responsible for all expenses incurred for the treatment and of having to leave the trip.
- For any information or advice provided by a travel agent unless such information has been provided to the travel agent by the Company. In the case of such information and advice not having been provided by the Company, the responsibility must lie with the travel agent.
- For a travel agent not providing or providing incorrect advice, information or documents, which the Company has given to the travel agent, or in the case of negligence by the travel agent.
- Where the Company has provided advice and information on travel documents, visas, climate, spending money, clothing, equipment, etc. This advice and information has been set out with reasonable care and is published in good faith, but without responsibility on the part of the Company.
- For any advice or information provided by the Company’s crew. This advice and information has been given in good faith, but without responsibility on the part of the Company.
- For any Client’s luggage or personal effects.
- The Company, its employees and agents cannot be held responsible for expenses, inconvenience, loss of enjoyment or anything else caused by the Client’s non-compliance with any of the responsibilities listed below.
- The nature of the Company’s trips may involve an element of personal risk and potential hazard not normally associated with holiday tours. The Client must accept these risks and hazards.
- The Client must accept that safety standards of suppliers of accommodation, local transport and other operators in most of the countries visited will not be of the same standard as in their home country.
- The Client must make themselves aware through the various government agency warnings and advisories (e.g. British Foreign & Commonwealth Office, US Department of State) with regard to the safety of countries and areas through which they’ll be travelling and to make their own decisions accordingly.
- The Client must arrange suitable adventure travel insurance with benefits that cover personal accident, medical expenses including repatriation and loss and damage to personal effects. It is suggested insurance is also taken out to cover any expenses related to the cancellation or curtailment of any trip. Should the Client not have adequate travel insurance, they may not be allowed to join the trip.
- The Client is to get professional medical advice before travelling and to take all necessary health precautions and preventive measures.
- The Client is responsible for informing the Company, at the time of booking, of any known disabilities or medical conditions, or, if not known at the time of booking, as soon they become known. Any Client found to have failed to disclose this information, may be directed to leave the trip. No refund whatsoever will be forthcoming and the Client will be responsible for all expenses incurred as a result of having to leave the trip.
- The Company’s crew have authority to make difficult decisions. Should the Client present a medical condition, the crew may insist they seek medical advice. If the Client refuses to act upon this advice, thereby putting the other members of the trip in danger or at risk, the Client may be asked to leave the trip. This includes physical, mental and behavioural conditions. No refund whatsoever will be forthcoming and the Client will be responsible for all expenses incurred as a result of having to leave the trip.
- The Client must check the documents issued for trips and services booked through the Company and should there be any mistakes, immediately notify the Company of such.
- The Client must adhere to the trip joining instructions given to them.
- The Client must comply with all current passport, visa and health requirements needed for each of the countries the trips travel through.
- The Client must abide by the laws and customs of the countries visited. The Company has absolute discretion to direct the Client to leave the trip if they disobey such laws and customs. No refund whatsoever will be forthcoming and the Client will be responsible for all expenses incurred as a result of having to leave the trip.
- The Client must not put the welfare of the group, individual member, members or themselves in jeopardy. The Company has absolute discretion to direct the Client to leave the trip if this is found to be the case. No refund whatsoever will be forthcoming and the Client will be responsible for all expenses incurred as a result of having to leave the trip.
- The Client must reimburse the Company for any expenses incurred on behalf of the Client.
- The Client must be aware that the Company’s crew, agents and representatives may take photographs and film footage throughout the trip. The Company reserves the right to use such media for marketing purposes without obtaining consent from the Client. The Company also reserves the right to use any Client comments, either verbal or written, for marketing purposes without obtaining consent from the Client.